Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Media Law blog post #1

 Tuesday, January 26, 2021


Blog post # 1 


My Top 5 News Sources 


1. WBTV News 

https://www.wbtv.com/

With me being a Broadcast Journalism major, I think I often spend to much time watching the news, due to this I have grown up watching my local WBTV news which is showcased in Charlotte N.C. near my hometown. I enjoy watching WBTV news because it gives reliable news about the surrounding area of Charlotte and beyond. Whether it be good news or bad news. My favorite to watch is "WBTV investigates", which is a news team that works nightly to find corruption, and help people in the Charlotte area. 


2. CBS News 


 https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-any-time-anywhere/

I watch the CBS News because I can watch global news, and be informed about many things not just in the US but the whole world. With things such as politics, celebrity interviews, and breaking news even 24 hours a day.  One of my favorite other news sources from CBS is 60 minutes which comes on every Sunday and shows real prevalent issues such as political interviews, pop culture, and health. 



3. The New York Times 

https://www.nytimes.com/

A different form of news that I "read" instead of watch is the New York Times. I have always enjoyed reading the New York Times because I see it as one of the most popular newspapers in the world. While some newspapers have "retired", the New York Times still remains to be very popular I think this is because they have won several awards for their writings such as Pulitzer, and Peabody. The New York Times can also compare to many other New York Papers such as the New York Post.



4.  The Charlotte Observer 

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/

Another newspaper that I enjoy reading is my local newspaper, called the "Charlotte Observer". I have grown up reading the Charlotte Observer because this is the paper my parents always had delivered to our house. The Charlotte Observer presents articles about politics, events/concerts, and crime in the Charlotte area. 



5. CNN 


https://www.cnn.com/




As my last source I chose CNN because while I didn't put it as my first choice, it is still a main source that I watch for news. I mainly watch CNN when drastic events happen in the US or the world. Such as political events like the recent presidential inauguration. 






Overall, I enjoy using all of the sources for news whether it's my local news or worldwide views, I have grown up watching the news and hope to one day pursue my dream of being a TV news reporter.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

  Final Exam Blog Post  The Ever Present Use of Cell Phones and Its Effects In Our Daily Lives         The Good or Positives in Cell Phone U...